As the winter takes up this unignorable effect all around the globe, everyone is being impacted by the same and certainly your eyes are not left untouched. When enjoying the ski season and hot chocolates come inherently with the season, the drawback of winter for your health and also comes in the form of dry eyes.
The dehydrated eyes cause itching and burning sensation and combating the same becomes must. Dehydrated eyes can often lead to other eye conditions which might get untreatable at one some stage.
The under mentioned Do’s and Don’ts will help you fight dry eyes this winter:
- Using a Humidifier : Using a humidifier at your home increases the humidity level, keeping the same in the range of 30-60 will help your eyes stay lubricated for prolonged duration.
- Fluid rich food : Consuming fruits, vegetables and soups like material can add lubrication to your eyes. Such substances naturally trigger lubrication in your eyes and keeps your body hydrated.
- Using Artificial tears : Using recommended eye drops 3-4 times a day can help your eyes stay lubricated. Preefer using mild eye drops so that they do not impact your eyes in a negative fashion. In case, you are going through any eye issues, better consult a doctor before.
- Consumption of fatty acids : Consuming Omega-3 fatty acids during winters improve the quality of your eye glands and ultimately your eyes stay lubricated for longer duration. Some substances with omega-3 fatty acids include fish oil supplements, food oil etc. Do not let your eyes get inflamed during the winter season.
- Visit an optometrist : Yes, this is one of the recommended thing that you must undergo during seasonal changes especially during winters to help you take care of your eyes better Visiting an expert optometrist like Bramalea optometry in Brampton can help you fight dry eyes in a better fashion. You can also undergo full eye health examination so that you are better able to combatry eyes this winter season.
- Prevent direct heat at your face : Staying close to heating substances during winters certainly helps you stay warm, but one should always prevern direct heat at your face as it leads your eyes to dry faster. Even while you are using your car, let the heat warm up your feet rather than coming in direct contact with your face or eyes.
- Stay away from diuretic drinks : Consume diuretic drinks in a balanced fashion during winters. Yes, consuming too much coffee, tea or even soda can make your eyes dry. They can cause dehydration in your bodies and ultimately in your eyes. Plan out the same in a balanced approached to be consumed throughout the day.
- Don’t be your own doctor : In case, you are facing any issue related to your eyes or undergoing any irrational behavior due to dry eyes, do not merely go for any eye drops from a regular drug dealer, rather you should go to a trusted optometrist like Bramalea optometry for the same.
Staying confined to these measures, can help your eyes stay lubricated and healthy for the longer run.