Have you been using contact lenses for a decade now and feel that the lens maintenance hype has always been a myth?!
The person wearing glasses at the eye care clinic should think twice before telling you how to use the thing! You have been doing it for a long time and you think that changing lenses solution and cleaning the box often is all a bit of a hype from Optometrists Brampton.
Contact lenses are tricky and many regular users are not really aware of the cleaning methods and why they are placed. Let’s start with the most basic question, why is Bramalea Optometry is nagging you about lens cleaning?!
Lens cleaning is important!
You may have heard this lecture before, but the eyes are the most delicate part of the human body. If there are any complications and infections in the human eye, then they can be lost easily.
The lenses are in direct contact with your retina throughout the day. The street pollution, dust and all the things that you come across in the kitchen settle on your lens. So would it be so bad to take your lens cleaning seriously?!
What are basic rules that you should remember?
- Always use new solution when placing your lens in the container after a long day. It gives the solution time to clean your lenses.
- The lens can only be washed with the solution and not water, duh?! But even if you get any pollutant to it, you still have to clean it with lens solution alone.
- Clean the lens case every weekend with the solution. We are not nagging, your case gets dirty lenses every day and debris accumulates at the bottom. So cleaning the case once a week will help keep your case hygienic.
- Never clean your case with water! Even if it falls or needs to be cleaned, wipe it gently with lens solution. The residual water is not good for your lens case and will cause problems.
- If you are not sure any spices or similar stuff has washed out of your hands, then touch your lens with gloves and also make a point to only use them with clean hands.
These simple trick will make your lens wearing experience a comfortable and happy one. You will not need to worry about getting your eyes checked frequently and your lens will last long.
Bramalea Optometry is here to help you with your eye health and we are the best option to go to for an Eye Exam in Brampton. Call now – 9057993514